Sunday, February 22, 2009

The only Indonesian member of Clinton's media entourage is a blogger

Nenden Novianti, the Indonesian blogger who is embedded with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's entourage, edits content for Jakarta's Viva News U Report.

From her interview with the Jakarta Globe today:
So you were the only Indonesian journalist allowed to travel with Clinton’s traveling news correspondents?
Yes, there were 16 of them and me. All the big names, like Bloomberg. Andrea Mitchell from NBC was there. She was here in 1986 with Reagan. I was just like, “Hey, I’m a blogger”— “Oh yeah, a blogger,” they said. I had the official green pass. I could walk everywhere with her. I was in the van traveling around with all the other reporters from all over the world. There were a lot of experienced reporters. I was just glad to be there.
Ms. Novianti says U Report "is supported by the US Embassy. . . we are doing eight months in eight cities to promote blogging and citizen journalism."

No comments: